Senior PHP Developer
Who You Are
You were born to be a developer. You have the wonderful ability to control computers with code; you're amazing at it. Everyone always seems to seek your advice, skill, or approval when dealing with technology. Sometimes you love it more when you don't have the answer, because it poses as an opportunity to learn something new. You are at point in your career where you love to help others succeed in the craft but aren't quite ready to give up the game just yet.
Lifeblue has just the opportunity for you.
Lifeblue is a digital agency in McKinney, TX focused on working with organizations and institutions that impact the world in a positive way. We’re an iterative, experimental collective of design thinkers and doers that will challenge everything you think you know about digital design agencies. We are a small, tight-knit group of dreamers and schemers. We are entrepreneurs that embrace working outside of our comfort zone, and love to take on the big “what ifs” of the Web. With clients like Dallas Morning News, Heifer International, Perot Museum of Nature and Science and many others, there is no shortage of places where your experience and contributions will make a difference. We are passionate about learning and making a difference in our clients' businesses through creating sound strategies and amazing user experiences.
Working here means working with purpose-driven innovators, including a few that might even be smarter than you. You'll be collaborating with experts in a diverse range of backgrounds, including economics, game design, teaching, computer science, writing, fine art, environmental graphic design, mathematics, history, music and public speaking.
A Look at the Role
We know that developers come in all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds so there is certainly no "one size fits all." However, here are a few of the items you are knowledgeable in, have done, or wish to do.
- Alphabet soup: PHP, MySQL, Git, CMS, OOP, DRY, grep, NoSQL, AWS, SSH, REST, cURL, bash, JSON
- Split your time equally between the following situations:
- Apply analytics and data-driven metrics to problem solve business issues facing our clients
- Innovate and improve approaches to technology and web development
- Help coworkers debug and sort through development issues
- Build enterprise level web applications
- Passionately discuss the ramifications of a feature. Articulately suggest alternative solutions. Implement the "right" one.
- Be sincere about giving and receiving meaningful constructive feedback, and on board with the concept of Radical Candor
- Can prioritize the following list correctly and explain why:
- Have "programmer morals." Know when to compromise them.
Everyone Likes Perks
- Competitive compensation, profit sharing, health/vision/dental benefits, 401(k)
- Flexible scheduling, meaning no set “work hours”
- Flexible vacationing, meaning no limiting “vacation policy” (and yes, people actually take vacation here)
- 3 months of paid maternity leave
- A casual-dress, and a results-only work environment
- Camaraderie with a team of exceptional people that balance truth and passion
- A constantly collaborative environment
- Video games, office music, board games, group events, team sports, and a great sense of community to help keep everyone sane and foster their creativity & productivity
- The opportunity to help shape the company – we want your expertise
- A culture that fosters growth and pushes you to reach further personally and professionally
Lifeblue is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We not only embrace diversity, but celebrate it and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment for all of our employees.
It All Starts with A Conversation
To apply, send a cover letter & resume over to firstname.lastname@example.org.