!in_array($style, array('rockstar', 'ninja', 'monkey'));
You're not a potassium-loving primate, a feudal saboteur, or a narcissistic drug addict, so why call yourself a code monkey, server ninja, or programming rockstar? You have the wonderful ability to control computers with code; you're good at it. Everyone always seems to seek your advice, skill, or approval when dealing with technology. Sometimes you love it more when you don't have the answer, because it poses as an opportunity to learn something new. You've written code outside of academia. You've written code at hours of the day whenever everyone else was asleep. You've ingested a beverage for the sole purpose of helping your fingers finish one more function.
But you know there's more to web programming than that and we want to help you discover what that is.
public static $us;
Lifeblue is a digital agency in Dallas, TX with a lofty goal: to save the world from bad Design. We're an iterative, experimental group of T-shaped craftspeople searching for a PHP developer to join our tight-knit clan on this mission.
- Minding your own business and punching your timesheet at the end of the day.
- Working in a silo or a server closet.
- Getting by as just another cog in the machine.
- Alphabet soup: PHP, MySQL, Git, CMS, OOP, DRY, grep, NoSQL, AWS, SSH, REST, cURL, bash, JSON
- Help a coworker setup a virtual host
- Troubleshoot a 500 response code on a server
- Decouple one class from another
- Create a CRUD interface for a blog engine
- Passionately discuss the ramifications of a feature. Articulately suggest alternative solutions. Implement the "right" one.
- Can prioritize the following list correctly and explain why:
- Separation of concerns
- Application performance
- Rapid development
- Be sincere about giving and receiving meaningful constructive feedback, and on board with the concept of Radical Candor
- Have "programmer morals". Know when to compromise them.
- Be able to explain any of the requirements above to a client in a way that makes them smarter.
- Write things in markdown
- Have a favorite distro
- Able to work without the use of a mouse
- Maintain a stackoverflow account with a reputation of at least 20 points
- Understand the ways in which vim is superior to emacs
- More alphabet soup: regex, Node.js, JSON, jQuery, LESS
while ($us += $you)
Here are just a few of the things you'll encounter in this role:
- Get to work on new ideas and enhancements to LB launched sites (all the stuff we wanted to do but didn't have the time to do before)
- Be a part of the emerging (and here to stay)trend of data driven analysis and decision making.
- Solve complex problems with simple, elegant solutions on a daily basis.
- Opportunity to work within a variety of technology platforms.
- Work with some of Dallas's most notable organizations and institutions as well as prominent non-profit organizations.
- Help clients of all sizes achieve proven success on the interwebs via testing, optimizing, and analytics.
while ($us += $you)
- The opportunity to save the world from bad design
- Competitive compensation, profit sharing, health/vision/dental benefits, 401(k)
- Flexible scheduling, meaning no set “work hours”
- Flexible vacationing, meaning no limiting “vacation policy” (and yes, people actually take vacation here)
- 3 months paid maternity leave
- A casual-dress, and a results-only work environment
- Camaraderie with a team of exceptional people that balance truth and passion
- A constantly collaborative environment
- Video games, office music, board games, group events, team sports, and a great sense of camaraderie to help keep everyone sane and foster their creativity & productivity
- The opportunity to shape the company – we need your expertise
- A culture that fosters growth and pushes you to reach further personally and professionally
Lifeblue is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We not only embrace diversity, but celebrate it and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment for all of our employees.
It All Starts with A Conversation
To apply, send a cover letter & resume over to email@example.com.