Lifeblue is currently on a quest to find a Senior Interactive Art Director that shares our determination to save the world from bad design.
Who We Are
Lifeblue is an iterative, experimental collective of design thinkers and doers that will challenge everything you think you know about digital design agencies. We are a small, tight-knit group of dreamers and schemers. We are entrepreneurs that embrace working outside of our comfort zone, and love to take on the big “what ifs” of the Web. We are passionate about learning and making a difference in our clients' businesses through creating sound strategies and amazing user experiences.
Working here means working with purpose-driven innovators, including a few that might even be smarter than you. You'll be collaborating with experts in a diverse range of backgrounds, including economics, game design, teaching, computer science, writing, fine art, environmental graphic design, mathematics, history, music and public speaking.
Who You Are
You are a problem-solver, a restless design thinker and avid learner. You set your bar high and approach every project as an opportunity to do the most kick-ass-est work of your life. You fundamentally believe that design is not about just making something pretty – it is the culmination of form as well as function, and is as much about utility as it is aesthetics. More than creating something beautiful to look at, you strive to create a meaningful experience. (But who are we kidding, it’s gonna be beautiful.)
You aren't paralyzed by your failures and continually embrace new challenges for growth. You thrive in a fast-paced, iterative environment, keeping your gloves off and your sense of humor on. You don't let your job role define you, and seek to actively participate and collaborate in all phases of a project. You also keep close tabs on current and emerging trends. You know when to follow the trailblazers of the industry, and when to tune them out and blaze your own damn trail.
To you, design is not just a phase, and there is no “pencils down” hand-off. Your toolbox goes beyond Photoshop and Illustrator – you're a sketcher, prototyper, believer and preacher of the principles of visual and interaction design, master and innovator of the creative process, and quite likely have a fascinating hobby.You have some mad skills:
- 3-5 years of interactive experience through defining and driving both the design process and direction of small and large projects for the Web
- a killer online portfolio demonstrating and clearly indicating the range of your design skills, styles and expertly executed interactive work experience
- confident and effective communication and presentation skills with both team members and clients of various levels
- Jedi mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (Sith-mastery is also acceptable)
- a good grasp on how comps translate to code
- self-motivation and a proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget
- a fearless and wild imagination coupled with an obsessive attention to detail
What You'll Be Doing
The future of design depends on you, so expect to:
- throw out any preconceived notions of the industry label “production designer” – you won't be minding your own business, designing for design's sake, or crankin' out PSDs
- provide innovative, adaptable and inspiring creative solutions for interactive experiences
- execute design direction from concept to production
- get immersed in your clients' business and balance design, strategy and their business objectives
- work closely with other team members to ensure creative concepts and tactics are on brand and strategically sound
- demonstrate the ability to think on your feet, and articulate complex solutions clearly
- exercise sound business acumen with the ability to make decisions, thinking beyond artistic drivers
- proudly demonstrate and communicate your intimate knowledge of information design and user interface design
- give and receive feedback (like a lot)
- exemplify leadership abilities and foster learning, excellence and innovation among team members
Why You'll Be Doing It
What you really came here for: the perks. At Lifeblue we offer:
- competitive compensation, health and dental benefits, 401(k)
- flexible scheduling, meaning no set “work hours”
- flexible vacationing, meaning no limiting “vacation policy”
- a casual-dress, results-only work environment
- camaraderie with a team of exceptional people that balance truth and passion
- a constantly collaborative environment
- the opportunity to shape the company – we need your expertise
- a culture that fosters growth and pushes you to reach further
- a culture that really knows how to cut loose and keep everyone sane
- the opportunity to save the world from bad design
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.