AKA Team Experience Producer or "TXP"
Most similar to in industry: Project Manager, Project Lead
Who We Are
Lifeblue is a digital agency in McKinney, TX focused on working with organizations and institutions that impact the world in a positive way. We’re an iterative, experimental collective of design thinkers and doers that will challenge everything you think you know about digital design agencies. We are a small, tight-knit group of dreamers and schemers. We are entrepreneurs that embrace working outside of our comfort zone, and love to take on the big “what ifs” of the Web. With clients like Dallas Morning News, Heifer International, Perot Museum of Nature and Science and many others, there is no shortage of places where your experience and contributions will make a difference. We are passionate about learning and making a difference in our clients' businesses through creating sound strategies and amazing user experiences.
Working here means working with purpose-driven innovators, including a few that might even be smarter than you. You'll be collaborating with experts in a diverse range of backgrounds, including economics, game design, teaching, computer science, writing, fine art, environmental graphic design, mathematics, history, music and public speaking.
Who You Are
“From the first draft script, through all stages of production, to the final dub, success or failure rests largely in the hands of the producer. Experience in this field does not come overnight. Rather it is born out of long years of creative and technical know-how, and above all a love for the job and all that goes with it...” - Julian Wintle, on the Film Producer
This quote embodies the roles and functions of a Interactive Producer at Lifeblue. Most great Producers didn’t set out originally to become one. It is an evolution, the next challenge beyond the accomplishments you have achieved within your craft, whether your craft be a Designer, Developer, Writer, or Entrepreneur. You know the intricacies, the details, and all of the focused work that go into creating something great. Solving problems and ultimately completing some of the greatest work of your career. You’re looking for a role where you can live that out on a daily basis. The difference now is that you are now doing it by leading and collaborating a team of dedicated craftspeople (just like you) to accomplish the seemingly impossible, the f%$*ing amazing!
Put more succinctly, you are a T-shaped design thinker who is a geek of technology and the web, and want to be around others cut from the same cloth.
What You'll Be Doing
You are not just building a website, you are helping shape the future of our client's business. Because your team is counting on you, you'll live and breathe the client and their business, so that you can work with your fellow Client Experience Producer (CXP) to translate the client’s needs and help your team collaborate to accomplish them. You'll own the vision, ensuring that the project stays true to that vision from initial prototyping to launch.
We don’t believe in silos, so you'll work closely with your team, consisting of (at least) a front-end developer, back-end developer, and a designer, to guide the ideation and implementation of interactive solutions. You'll work toward mutual success for our clients as a part of a team, and encourage growth, exploration and open communication. Simply put, you’ll have a chance to think outside the box alongside some of the best craftspeople to create amazing solutions for our clients.
You know how to create meaningful client experiences by being honest and responsive to our clients' needs, delivering a premium value for the project budget, and helping them achieve their business objectives above all else.
You keep your eyes on the pulse of the latest developments in emerging technology and business. You naturally pay attention to and draw inspiration from notable entrepreneurs, innovators, and industry leaders.
You'll keep projects on track by managing production on the team level, as well as managing the client, scope, and timeline of the project. You’ll be responsibility for managing outcomes when it comes to both budget and quality, alongside and with the help of your Client Experience Producer. You are able to constantly change course based on the current reality of the project and client's needs.
What You Need to Succeed
An ever-burning desire to continually improve in your role, combined with the humility and self-actualization required to understand yourself and areas where you can improve.
- Empathy for our clients and genuine desire to help them succeed
- Natural leadership abilities and affinity for building rapport, internally and externally
- Familiarity with web development technologies and methodologies
- Strong problem solving skills; responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities and changing environment
- Be a team player: listen to others and value opinions, welcome newcomers, promote a team atmosphere and encourage accomplishment across all project phases
Why You’ll Be Doing It
- Competitive compensation, profit sharing, health/vision/dental benefits, 401(k)
- Flexible scheduling, meaning no set “work hours”
- Flexible vacationing, meaning no limiting “vacation policy” (and yes, people actually take vacation here)
- A casual-dress, and a results-only work environment
- Camaraderie with a team of exceptional people that balance truth and passion
- A constantly collaborative environment
- Video games, office music, board games, group events, team sports, and a great sense of community to help keep everyone sane and foster their creativity & productivity
- The opportunity to shape the company – we want your expertise
- A culture that fosters growth and pushes you to reach further personally and professionally
It All Starts with A Conversation
To apply, send a cover letter & resume over to email@example.com.