Tweaking where those have boldly gone before.
Who We Are
Lifeblue is a digital agency in McKinney, TX focusing on working with organizations and institutions that impact the world in a positive way. We’re an iterative, experimental collective of design thinkers and doers that will challenge everything you think you know about digital design agencies. We are a small, tight-knit group of dreamers and schemers. We are entrepreneurs that embrace working outside of our comfort zone, and love to take on the big “what ifs” of the Web. With clients like Dallas Morning News, Heifer International, Perot Museum of Nature and Science and many others, there is no shortage of places where your experience and contributions will make a difference. We are passionate about learning and making a difference in our clients' businesses through creating sound strategies and amazing user experiences.
Working here means working with purpose-driven innovators, including a few that might even be smarter than you. You'll be collaborating with experts in a diverse range of backgrounds, including economics, game design, teaching, computer science, writing, fine art, environmental graphic design, mathematics, history, music and public speaking.
Who You Are
You follow the heavy-hitters and trailblazers of the industry and take advantage of the wealth of knowledge being shared by the web community, but you also know when to tune them out and blaze your own darn trail.
What You Won't Be Doing
- Slicing comps.
- Minding your own business and punching your timesheet at the end of the day.
- Working in a silo or on a pixel assembly line.
- Getting by as just another cog in the machine.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be responsible for shaping how we approach front-end development at Lifeblue. The future depends on you. You will...
- Build the front end of our websites with über-semantic, insanely accessible HTML5.
- Add some richness to the site with a scoop of Microdata.
- Beautify it with modular, efficient, responsive CSS3, compiled from a pre-processor like LESS.
- Ensure your code's standards-compliant and cross-browser compatible – and if you think that means it all has to look the same in every browser, you've got another thing coming.
- Control all that deliciousness using a version control system like Git.
Your job is not limited to pixels and tags. You will also...
- Be involved in site development from the beginning stages.
- Sketch a lot, so hone your UI/UX/IxD/WTF skills.
- Contribute to content strategy and creation.
- Meet with clients over the phone and in person, presenting site prototypes.
- Come into contact with some back-end code (PHP) in the process, so the more you know, the better.
- Be sincere about giving and receiving meaningful constructive feedback, and on board with the concept of Radical Candor.
- Exhibit that general awesomeness that makes you "You."
Why You'll Be Doing It
What you really came here for: the perks. At Lifeblue we offer:
- The opportunity to save the world from bad design
- Competitive compensation, profit sharing, health/vision/dental benefits, 401(k)
- Flexible scheduling, meaning no set “work hours”
- Flexible vacationing, meaning no limiting “vacation policy” (and yes, people actually take vacation here)
- A casual-dress, and a results-only work environment
- Camaraderie with a team of exceptional people that balance truth and passion
- A constantly collaborative environment
- Video games, office music, board games, group events, team sports, and a great sense of camaraderie to help keep everyone sane and foster their creativity & productivity
- The opportunity to shape the company – we need your expertise
- A culture that fosters growth and pushes you to reach further personally and professionally
To apply, send us what you think we need to consider you over to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.